This variation on the usual lemon flavoured cream cheese icing is delicious with any dense cake or slice.
- 250grams softened cream cheese
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (using short 30 second bursts) or using a double boiler over lightly simmering water.
- Stir in the vanilla and cocoa powder.
- Add the vanilla chocolate mixture into the cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat all of the ingredients together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
It's ready to be piped or spread onto your favourite treat.