- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup vanilla sugar or 3/4 cup castor sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Mix the cornflour in with the sugar and add a spoonful at a time to the egg whites. Beat until thick and glossy.
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet pan with baking paper. Spread mixture to make a 23 cm circle ( it's a good idea to trace a circle with the base of a cake tin on the back on the baking paper as a guide)
- Bake in a slow oven 150 deg C for30 minutes.
- Reduce to very slow 120 deg C for 45 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow the Pavlova to cool in the oven with the door slightly open.
- Remove from the baking paper to decorate and serve.